This afternoon, while the baby napped, I had a moment to catch up on a favorite blog of mine, Emphasis Added, a story that I have been following for years now.
She is in the midst of a personal horror; while on vacation, there was a terrible flood in her house and almost everything in her home is ruined. Not to mention she has two toddlers that are now displaced in hotels and sublets and through it all, she managed to write this post about 10 moments of kindness that she had experienced in some way this week.
So, I decided to do the same.
1. My friend, in trying to give me a break and “ease my load” took my daughter for her first drop off playdate. Three days later, she took my daughter with hers to try her gymnastics class. That is some serious mama kindness.
2. My next-door-neighbors-turned-dear-friends bought me a Soda Stream for my birthday, after seeing how much I loved theirs at their house. Above and beyond.
3. My dear mama friend, with whom I share a very special friendship bracelet (and bond), brought me an entire box of cupcakes and the best card ever.
5. I received really loving messages of support and love this week, with many heart emoticons to boot. You know who you are.
6. This girl got me a book called “Just little Things: A Celebration of Life’s Simple Pleasures”. It really moved me.
7. My husband, knowing that I was anxious to hang these photos, so that I could take pictures using his (much better) camera before going to work agreed without any fight or argument or guilt or sigh. Nada. He just did it.
8. A family member reached out to me and we shared a glance that says, “I get you. I’ve got you.” when things around us were crazy.
9. My father-in-law told me that I am an “astonishingly” good mother and that he is so impressed with how I am as a parent. This made me cry.
10. My daughter said, “Becca, you’re the best mommy that I could ever want to get.”